Is there a way to pull a query that shows Epics that have all their child issues resolved/closed?

Sofie Palacios March 15, 2024

Like the title says. I've tried a few different things and right now I'm trapped looking at this: 

issueFunction in parentsOf("resolution is not EMPTY")

As you can imagine, it is not pulling what I want. 

I have access to Script Runner. 

Any help would be massively appreciated!

3 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2024

Hi @Sofie Palacios 

This should work:

issueFunction in epicsOf("resolution is not EMPTY")

See more information on this function on Adaptavist's help site: https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/latest/features/jql-functions/included-jql-functions/issue-links#epicsOf

Ste

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2024

Hello @Sofie Palacios 

I am in DC and this is how I look for Epics where *all* stories are done:

issuefunction in epicsOf('issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = XXXX") and status = Done')
and not
issuefunction in epicsOf('issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = XXXX") and status != Done')

Hope it works.

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2024

where XXXX is the project where epics live.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Hi @Sofie Palacios , it may be different in DC but in Cloud I can use the following...

issueFunction in epicsOf("resolution = unresolved")

Suggest an answer