Is there a way to only allow people to edit their comments for 5 minutes?

Isaac M June 4, 2018

We had an issue where someone edited comments days after it was written confusing everyone on the ticket.

I would like to allow people to edit their comments for about 5 minutes. Basically allowing a person to catch a typo or something small that they forgot to write.

After 5 minutes I would like to restrict the editing of comments so that someone cannot materially change what they wrote.

2 answers

0 votes
Gary Pasquale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2018

Hi @Isaac M,

Those who have the ability to edit a comment is controlled by the projects permission scheme.

The user either does or does not have the ability to do this. There is no way to configure a time delay on this permission.

As you can see in our default permission scheme, all users in the projects 'User' role has the ability to edit their own comment.

Capture1.PNG

If users editing comments after a period of time is causing you issues, then I'd suggest changing that to only users in the 'Admin' role (or another privileged role). Therefore if there is a change to a comment that a user needs to make, they have to go via an admin to get it approved.

Regards,

Gary

0 votes
Stibally Guardado June 4, 2018

Hi @Isaac M

You may need custom code for this, I don't think there's an option to configure it in Jira.

Suggest an answer