Is there a way to make a report about how many sprints it's taking for each ticket so far?

Saifeldin Ibrahim August 5, 2020

I want to know if there's a way to show the number completed sprints for each ticket instead of checking each ticket individually, for reporting purposes 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2020

Hi @Saifeldin Ibrahim  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I do not believe that there is a built-in way to do this, such as with JQL.  You could try the following to help solve this. These solutions vary depending upon how often you need this information and if you want to spend more money on products.

• Export the data you are interested in, and parse the sprint field in a spreadsheet to count the values using a formula (count non-empty columns starting with the word "Sprint")
  • Check the marketplace for add-on features for JQL that might allow you to count values in the sprint field
  • Build your own solution using the built-in automation rules:
    • Add a custom field, such as SprintCount
    • Add an automation rule, triggered on Sprint Completion, and increment the SprintCount

Best regards,

Bill

Saifeldin Ibrahim August 8, 2020

Hi @Bill Sheboy , i had to do it the classic way and export all the tickets (like your first point) but using the built-in automation rules is a really good idea. will try that 

thanks for the advice

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2020

Thanks for the update.  If this approach works for you, please consider posting back here to share your findings and mark this question as answered.  That will help others find solutions faster in the future.

Phlip Borgnes March 11, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy 
I was looking for an answer to this question as well and will be creating a post function for the number of sprints an issue was in. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2021

Hi @Phlip Borgnes 

Another variation for automation is to leverage the Sprint field is a list, so when an issue finally moves to "done", the count of the number of sprints it took is:

{{issue.sprint.size}}

Best regards,

Bill

Like # people like this
afenn April 17, 2023

Given that {{issue.sprint.size}} cannot be referenced in jql, I did the following to make this information searchable.

• Add a custom field, such as SprintCount
  • Add an automation rule, triggered on Sprint Completion, and increment the SprintCount
    • Set the value of SprintCount to {{issue.sprint.size}}CleanShot 2023-04-17 at 09.29.32@2x.png
  • I also added a manual version of this rule to be executed as needed
    • CleanShot 2023-04-17 at 09.31.12@2x.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events