Is there a way to hide the Action Button when no action is available?

VJ March 22, 2023

Is there a way to hide the Action Button when no action is available?

action button.png

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
iDa Khoshvaght
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2023

Hello VJ,

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to remove or hide that "Actions" button, Our Automation team is evaluating the comments from customers at the AUTO-635 to decide the next steps on this feature, it will be really helpful to get your thoughts about it directly at the AUTO-635 Feature Request.

We're tracking interest in making this configurable (so customers can enable/disable it as needed) here:

We suggest you add yourself as a watcher on that page to follow up on its progress and hit the “Vote for this issue” button to help raise its visibility within our Development and Product Management teams.

We really appreciate it if you can share any context on why you'd like to hide the quick actions option, and how it affected your team on the comment section of that feature request.

p0cket0m March 29, 2023

The question is, who is responsible for forcing users into new "features"? Nobody likes that style, it's just unprofesssional. And why does your automation team decide about placing new buttons where they want to? UI designers and usability professionals should decide about such things.

Like # people like this
2 votes
p0cket0m March 28, 2023

In that prominent place it is absolutely disturbing and super annoying. Dozens of users ask now for what it is good for... we dont use it! 

Please remove or let admins hide it!

p0cket0m March 29, 2023
Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2023

I agree. I know some customers that asked to hide this button if it's empty. Trivial. but seems it's on possible yet.

1 vote
fengzl March 29, 2023

Suggestion for JIRA developers: in "project features" setting, add a checkbox to disable this feature.

1 vote
Marcos Milanesio
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

I was looking for some options in permission schemes. The only option I found is that if the user does not have administrator privileges, they will be able to see the actions button without the possibility of creating an automation button. Also, the actions button is visible.

1 vote
Andrea Kunkel March 26, 2023

I'm also trying to hide it but haven't found a way yet.

It's quite prominent and we don't use it at all.

VJ March 26, 2023

Yes, it's creating confusion to the users.

Still hoping there's a way to hide it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events