Is there a way to have multiple backlog buckets to pull from for a project

richharris October 16, 2020

We have 2 groups that are prioritizing different issues for our sprints. We would like to create a Feature Improvement bucket and than the standard backlog for defects and bugs. Is there any methods you could recommend to achieve this?

I looked at creating another board in the project but doesn't seem to be very productive to move items between the boards

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2020

Hi @richharris , I've done something like this by creating a sprint and using it as a second backlog. You just need to be careful you don't start that sprint:

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 12.11.11 AM.png

richharris October 18, 2020

Thanks for this as I created one that is called Future Enhancements TY

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2020

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that! :-)

0 votes
Eric Bailey September 7, 2023

For us, we have our enhancements and bugs combined into a single backlog.  I then created quick filters for each.  With Ordering on, you can then filter on just bugs, rearrange the priorities and they will remain in that order after the filter.  Much easier than using two boards....at least for me.

0 votes
Jerry Lin August 25, 2023

Hi @richharris Maybe you can try column management?
I got the same issue and my team member taught me this feature.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 20.31.17.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events