Is there a way to get the count of all test cases linked to the stories in a Sprint?

Tushar Deherkar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

For the upcoming Sprint, I want to see the count of test cases linked to each story added so far to the Sprint. How can I get a table with all stories listed and the count of Test cases linked to them mentioned for each story?

2 answers

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 21, 2024

Hi @Tushar Deherkar

welcome to the community!

If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a range of so-called smart columns that aren’t natively available (like the number of issue links), as well as various advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

With these, you can build a view like the following in just a couple of clicks:

number-of-issue-link-report.gif

This is just one of a virtually endless number of possible reports - you can also group by any other field(s), configure different sum-up styles (like maximum, minimum, or average), etc. etc.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes 

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

Hi @Tushar Deherkar and welcome to the Community!  I think you want the following, where your saved filter is a JQL for the sprint:

key in requirementTests('<saved filter name>')  

Tushar Deherkar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

Thanks for the quick response @Laurie Sciutti ..

So, I created a filter with all current issues i.e. defects and stories in a Sprint to use with the syntax you gave but I don't see requirementTests function listed 

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

@Tushar Deherkar ~ I should have asked which Test Management app you are using...the example I provided was for XRay Test Management.

Suggest an answer