Is there a way to filter linked issues for specific issue types?

Sergej Ehrlich April 26, 2024

I want to filter all linked issues for specific issue types, e.g. I want to see all issues that have a defect-issue linked to them.

I am not interested in the relation type, I just want to see the involved issues in an overview or exclude those issues from another overview.

I don't want to install any app. I was hoping, the new JQL-search is more powerfull than before.

2 answers

1 vote
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

Unfortunately, there's no way (AFAIK) to do this today, @Sergej Ehrlich. The JQL for linked issues requires that you specify an issueKey 😕

You may want to add your vote to this enhancement request.

Maybe someone else knows a clever workaround—sorry but I do not—that does not require an Atlassian Marketplace app.

Good luck,

-dave

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 1, 2024

Hi @Sergej Ehrlich

the only native way I can think of is to use Jira Automation to check your issue's issue links and write data into a custom field, which you can then use to filter your issues in JQL. I haven't actually tried this myself, so I can't guarantee it would work.

I understand that you don't want to use a Marketplace app, but just for future reference, this would be easy to do using the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of so-called smart columns that aren’t natively available, including the linked issue types. This is how it looks in action:

linked-issue-types.gif

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS