Is there a way to add subtask descriptions to a Time Tracking Report?

Lily Sawyer January 6, 2022

When pulling a Time Tracking Report is there a way to show the description of the subtask within the report?

For example, when pulling the report for the project you can see sub tasks (example 1) but cannot see the detail that been logged within the description area (example 2).

Example 1.PNG       Example 1
Example 2.PNG   Example 2

4 answers

1 vote
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2022

Hello @Lily Sawyer ,

I represent Worklogs Time Tracking and Reports addon and I would be happy to hear more about your needs. Our app allows you to create custom reports based on Jira issue fields and Time Logs. With Worklogs you can check how much time was spent on each subtask, or tasks with specific label, priority or custom field data.  

Unfortunately, we do not allow to show the Jira issue description in the report. Instead, you can easily open the issue in a separate tab by clicking on it's title in the report.

Open Jira issue from report.gif

Therefore, I am curious if you could tell me what would you like to achieve or learn with your report? What is the reason why you would need to have the description alongside with the time logs?  

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2022

Hello @Lily Sawyer, it's Tania from the Planyway team, and I just wanted to let you know about the option to export data using Planyway. The Excel report will include the description of the subtasks as well:

2022-02-02_14-13-04.png

I'll be here if you need any help or have questions.

0 votes
Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2022

Hi @Lily Sawyer 
If you are willing to give a try to a third-party app, you can try eazyBI for Jira app.
It allows creating a time spent report of logged hours where you can drill through worklogs to see comments that have been logged.
eazyBI_drill_through_worklogs.jpg
eazybi_worklog_comments.jpg

Or in case you have some classified information in worklog comments, you can also use an approach of importing worklog comment dimension in eazyBI: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/jira-custom-fields/javascript-calculated-custom-fields#JavaScriptcalculatedcustomfields-Calculatedworklogcustomfield

eazyBI_worklog_comment.jpg

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

@Lily Sawyer Welcome to the Atlassian Community

Unfortanitatly that is not an option on the delivered report.  There are third-party reporting apps that would allow you to do that.  You might also look at creating a filter in Jira to get the information you are after and then combining the information in excel off of the issue key.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events