Is there a way either by Notification settings or Automation to create an EOD summary?

Lauren March
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2024

We're getting bombarded with Jira emails daily. We're hoping to get a single email at EOD that has a summary list of all the Issues that had their statuses updated that day, or were commented on etc. Assembla gives these hourly (see screenshot), but we switched to Jira. Is there a way either in the Notification settings or by Automation to schedule email notifications and group them for all altered Issues for a specific project? 

Screenshot 2024-04-17 162639.png

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

Hi @Lauren March , there are a number of ways to manage notifications. Let me provide some hopefully helpful info.

• adjust your personal notifications under Avatar > personal settings > notifications 
  • chat with the admins to adjust notifications at the project level, disable unwanted notifications 
  • leverage JQL filters and subscriptions, e.g project in (a, b, c...) and updated >= startofday(), set subscription to run hourly or what fits your needs

1 vote
Amanda McCauley April 17, 2024

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this but it sounds like a great idea!!!  No one likes email bloat. 

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

I don't know if the feature exists in Cloud, but Data Center has a 'batch email notification' feature in the System area under Mail. This allows you to group notifications and send them on a schedule. There are two potential issues with this:

1. This is a global setting, so it impacts all users

2. The maximum time length is one hour

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events