Is there a system field that lists all projects?

Jeremy Jedlicka August 15, 2022

I'm trying to re-vamp our service desk's ticket templates and want to add a dropdown that lists all of the projects held on our Data Center.  I can't seem to find a way to add this field, which is odd to me because it exists on the create issue screen.

Does anyone know if it's possible to add this Projects dropdown to a service desk template or do I need to create a custom field that lists them all?

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

No.  The drop-down you get (for both project and issue type) on the create issue screen is not a field.  Project and Issue type are structural attributes of an issue, not fields.

But, there is a custom field type that lets you list and select from your project list.  Go to admin -> Issues -> add new field, select "all" or "advanced" and start typing "project" into the search box.  You'll find a project-picker.

0 votes
SS May 22, 2023

A caveat for this.

A customer needs to have Browse Project permission for a project to appear in the list for them.

This is achieved by adding Service project customer - portal access to the Browse Projects option in the permission scheme for your Jira Software projects.

Suggest an answer