Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a good way to gather input for tickets/issues from non-jira colleagues in Jira?

At the moment we're using a google forms to gather input and I manually insert them into Jira. The problem that I have (besides the manual work) is that I need to use 2 different systems and I would like it if people could see their requests and the status thereof. 

What I'm looking for is a way to gather input, without them being able to create full tickets directly into Jira (that would incite chaos). Is there something like the Issue Collector feature, that I can configure and have my colleagues fill in? 

What kind of functionalities I'm looking for: 

- I want to be able to see the requests before I turn them into issues in jira

- I want people to be able to track their own requests (I said non-jira, but they do have accounts and can filter on what's been reported by them, they just don't use it themselves for their own work). 

- I want to be able to send the page or whatever it is in a link so that I can request them to fill it in. 

I'm curious if something like this exists. I couldn't find it and I'm curious if someone has a better system than I currently have.

2 answers

I don't know of a perfect fit solution for you, but here is one to consider:

Jira Service Management

Use it as an intake option for your "non-jira colleagues" to submit their tickets. You can triage them, and then move them to your "normal" project for tracking. Or you can create a separate issue in your "normal" project and link it to the Service Management issue.

Jira Service Management provides a "customer" interface form so you would be able to set the fields you want your colleagues to fill in. And users that do not have Jira Software Access can be customers of a Jira Service Management project without consuming a license. 

You would, however, incur the extra cost of subscribing to the Jira Service Management product, and licenses for each user that would need to interact with the projects (Service Team Members) for updating the issue statuses, linking or moving the issues.

I also found this topic discussed in other posts, and suggestions for third party apps, when I did an internet search for "jira cloud issue intake form"

https://www.google.com/search?q=jira+cloud+issue+intake+form&oq=jira+cloud+issue+intake+form

Hi @Max Boerma 

I am not Google forms savvy, and so I wonder if the form can send an email once completed.  If so, you could have Jira consume the email to create the issues.

Best regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

89 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you