Is there a field in Jira that records reason for test execution results?

Harish Chinnabathini April 2, 2021

Is there a field in Jira that records the reason for test execution results? Like I have a test case and I executed it and it is failed. for all the failed test cases I wanted to record or update the reason for failure / Pass .. So that when I have a list of reasons like BA not documented requirement correctly / BA not configured system correctly or Environment issues so that I can speak to respective stake holders to fix the issues.

Note : I am using Xray tool for this purpose not Zypher 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Hi Harish, welcome to the community. So Jira doesn’t have special consideration for “testing” use cases by default. Either you can customize a project to be more test specific, e.g.test issuetypes and custom fields OR you could use a testing app addon. If you are in fact using the latter then it is likely that the field you seek exists. If you are using Jira OOTB for testing use cases then you could create custom fields to capture you specific needs.

Suggest an answer