Is there a date field associated with the resolution field?

Steve Hooczko August 29, 2022

Is there a date field associated with the Resolution field?

Or is the Resolved field associated with a date field?

How do the Resolution and Resolved fields interplay with each other?

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi Steve,

Yes, the Resolved field is a date field and is associated with the Resolution field

Clear the Resolution field and it clears the Resolved field.

Steve Hooczko September 1, 2022

Thanks John.

I want to go back to all past Closed tickets to set them to Resolved in the Resolution field. Currently, those past tickets have "Unresolved" in the Resolution field. Note that the Resolution field does NOT appear on the ticket screen.

What would be the best way to attack this?

Also, is there a date that I could use to put into the Resolved field, that is included in the past closed tickets, that can be used to put into these past tickets that would have a date close to when the ticket went to closed status? (e.g., the last "Updated" date)?

Thanks a bunch,

Steve

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

So, you need to modify the workflow to add a self looping transition to the Done status. That's a transition that starts with the Done status and also ends with the Done status. I would give it a name like ADMIN ONLY or something like that. 

Then add a post function to the looping transition that sets the Resolution field. 

You also need to add a post function to the regular transition that goes to Done to set the resolution field if you have not already. 

Save and publish the workflow. 

Then you can do an advanced JQL search for issues where status = Done and resolution is empty. Then do a bulk change on those to transition the issues using the looping transition. 

Once you have transitioned all of them, I would go back to the workflow and either add a condition only allow Administrators to execute the transition (actually, you could do that in the step above where you create it) or just delete the transition because you shouldn't need it moving forward. 

One note - it will indeed set the resolved field to today's date. 

Steve Hooczko September 1, 2022

Thanks John

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

You are welcome!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events