Is it possible to use in the search result - group by clause

anju kohli March 20, 2019

I would like to use in my search the group by clause so that in my search if field is assignee then all tickets pulled out can be grouped by each assignee pulled and not just order by clause

3 answers

0 votes
anju kohli March 21, 2019

Thanks John, i created a new dashboard and did pull in my search query in it.

It shows a graphical presentation in % usage only , any other way i may expand what all the gadget may include for fields or data

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2019

Not with that gadget, but you can use the same filter and use another gadget (I would add a second gadget) called Filter Results. With that gadget you can add multiple fields. 

anju kohli March 22, 2019

Thanks John, the filter result gadget worked fine for me and am able to see selected fields base on assignee field

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2019

Hi Anju,

Another option is to use the Issue Statistics gadget on a dashboard. Pull in your filter on the gadget and then put in Assignee for the Statistic Type value. 

anju kohli March 21, 2019

Thanks John,

Being a new user in Jira I am not sure where is the Statistics gadget option.

I only see manage dashboard

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2019

Yes, create a Dashboard first and then click on Add gadget. When the list comes up, choose the link Load all gadgets. Then select Issue Statistics. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2019

There is no group-by clause.  A Jira Query Language (JQL) search returns only issues, no data, or manipulation of data.

It is up to where you use it to sort, group or whatever.  You'll need to find a report that supports grouping, not change the query.

Suggest an answer