Is it possible to use formula in status rollup effector

Surekha Gupta May 16, 2023

I want to use the status rollup effector in a way that the parent issue should transition from "Backlog" to "Implementation" when any of its children is in implementation to reflect "earliest child status", but for the transition from implementation to code complete, I want to wait till all the children have moved to "code complete", or use "latest child status"

My order of status is New->Backlog->code complete->test complete->done

Note that code complete is not the last status, or not "resolved" state for the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2023

Hello @Surekha Gupta 

The Status Rollup effector applies the 'earliest status of sub-issues' logic when updating statuses of parent issues. You can define the list of Statuses that the Effector can potentially write in parent issues and define their order - the Effector will check if there is any child issue with the highest Status on the list and write it to the parent; if there are no issues in that Status, the Effector will check child issues for the second Status on the list and so on. So if you want the parent issues to get the 'Implementation' Status when any of their child issues reach that Status, then the 'Implementation' Status should be the first Status on the Effector's list.

Any custom logic is not supported - the Effector can only work with a specific list of Statuses and only when at least one child issues reaches a certain Status, not all of them. 

I hope this helps. If you have other questions, please reach out to us directly at our support portal and we will get back to you shortly.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
Tempo

Suggest an answer