Is it possible to use different system email templates for different projects?

Brian J February 27, 2021

Hello,

Let's say i have Jira and Jira service desk. Is it possible to edit email template for system events like issuecreated or issuementioned, but only to use in separate projects?  As i understand as now you edit /atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/ , it affects all system projects. Or maybe someone found a plugin?  I looked, and basically all  does is creating custom templates for custom event, but not system events. 

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2021

Hi Brian,

If you're open to looking at marketplace apps, this is your best bet, for ease of troubleshooting and less work required during upgrades.

My two go to apps for solving this problem are:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4977/email-this-issue?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

If you were to tackle it on your own, the 'simplest' way is probably to look at logic in the templates.

If project type = service desk, use this block, else use this block. That would get messy very quickly with multiple projects or variants. I'd recommend an app above if possible.

Cheers, Jimmy

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2021
Like # people like this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2021

No, the templates are used globally, not per project.

But you could add 

#if $issue.getProject() == "xyz" ... #else ... #end

to them, or even use more clever logic

Suggest an answer