Is it possible to pull defect from one project to another project's sprint board.

Ravi Kumar RP May 18, 2023

Is it possible to pull defect from one project to another project's sprint board.

Below is the more details about my question. 

Few defects and User stories are available in one project (For ex Project1) .

These defect/User stories should be pulled into Sprint board/backlog of another Project (For ex Project 2).  And Project 2 has multiple sprint boards. 

Tried doing this using filters, this did no work as expected. Required Defects/users stories were not listed in sprint board/ backlog of Project 2. 

1 answer

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

HI @Ravi Kumar RP , welcome the community and thanks for your question.

I would expect that expanding the filter query for the board would work., as you should be able to show issues from different projects. Please can you share the filter query in an anonymised format? 

Cheers

Ravi Kumar RP May 19, 2023

Hi @Valerie Knapp ,Thanks for your response. 

I have tied applying filters. Below is more details about the filter. 

1. Created label in the defect from Project 2. 

2. While creating filter in Project1, used same Label which was tagged for the defect. And also in projects selected both the projects in the filter. 

Below is the query user. 

project in (PRO1,PRO2I) AND labels = ScrumTeam1

Request you to provide more input. 

Thank you, 

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Hi @Ravi Kumar RP , thanks for your reply.

The way that JQL works is like this -

if you don't have labels in Project1, for example, you would need a search more like this , where you say, I want to see all issues in Project1

project = PRO1 

and only the issues from Project2 with the label ScrumTeam1.

You need to write the query in such a way to exclude the issues from Project2 that don't have this label, while still allowing all of the issues in Project1, where maybe this label isn't used / isn't present

here is an example I just wrote and executed in my instance. 

project = project1 OR project = project2 AND labels is not EMPTY

This is saying, show me all issues in the first project OR issues from the second project where the label isn't empty - which gives me the results below

project = Legal OR project = Facilities and labels is not EMPTY

image.png

I would suggest first to practice writing this query in the search here, and then checking the results are what you want before updating the board filter.

If you need more help, we are here.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events