Is it possible to modify the query for the default Board

tlancaster May 12, 2021

We have a single project consisting of Tasks which have a workflow of:

To Do -> In Progress -> Done

In the default "Board" view:

board.JPG

The "Done" column is quickly getting clogged up with old issues - i think this is in part because we're not using Versioning things never get transitioned off of the "Done" column.

There are other threads that indicate this should be something that is configurable - but these instructions are not valid for the current version of JIRA:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Cleaning-up-Done-tasks-on-Kanban-board/qaq-p/467169

Does anyone have a fix for this on the newest JIRA?

Cheers,

Tom

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Hi @tlancaster  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For Jira Work Management projects (aka Jira Core or Business projects), it is not possible to modify the board filter (query). 

It is on the JWM team's backlog to provide a way to hide Done tickets on the board like you can in the List view, but they aren't there yet. I don't know of the timeframe when they hope to get the feature added at this time. 

It might be helpful if you let them know you need that at: jwm-eap@atlassian.com

tlancaster May 12, 2021

Hi,

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that this is not currently possible. It's frustrating because when searching for how to do it there are many articles stating how to do it for the old interface.

I'll e-mail them as per your recommendation.

Thanks,

Tom

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

To be clear, the core/business boards are not Kanban boards, they're just boards.

Things should drop out of the done column after 14 days of no updates on them (this number is not yet configurable, but as John says, it's on the list)

On a Kanban board (Jira Software), you can configure the filter that drops things off the done column.  The default filter is "has a version set", but you can change it to anything you want (like "unchanged for 7 days", or "custom field checkbox for deployed" or whatever else you like)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events