Is it possible to limit a Project by a budget?

Pierre Weidemann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2019

Is it possible, with Jira inbuild features, to limit a project by a budget?

For example limiting the amount of hours that can be logged on a Project basis?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2019

Hello Pierre,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

Unfortunately, JIRA does not have a functionality to limit work logged hours per project. We have a feature request opened to implement this functionality here:

Limit Log Work hours

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, you can control how many hours your team has logged for a specific project by using the SumUp for JIRA App. This app provides you with some gadgets that sum the results of your estimation fields based on a query, so you can have a clear view of how many hours your team has spent in a determined time range for a determined project. 

These would be the steps to configure it:

1 - Install the SumUp for JIRA App

2 - Navigate to your issue navigator and create a filter to return the issues of your project, optionally defining the time range of when any time was logged for these issues:

project = yourproject AND worklogDate >= -30d

3 - Navigate to your dashboard > Click to add a new Gadget > Select sumUp Filter Result Gadget

4 - Configure the Gadget with the created feature

Performing the steps above, the gadget will return the sum of all hours logged in the last 30 days for the project you choose.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer