Is it possible to have a template of sub-tasks that are commonly used

We find ourselves creating the same sub-tasks for a lot of stories which is very tedious. is there a way to have a common set of sub-tasks for a new story to make tasking out stories easier?

5 answers

1 accepted

Yes, it's. Issue template can autocomplite issue, subtask when you create issue. It can create set of subtasks in postfunction for example after creation of issue. You can use some variables in creating issues or subtasks and it has more features.

More plugins for this same purpose: 

1. Automatic Sub-tasks Professional
  2. Automatic Sub-tasks Add-on
  3. Scriprunner

Josh [Obiwansoft]

@Jim Constant: There are different plugins for this scenario:

I have written the first one btw smile

Yes. You can add a postfunction on create, after the last standard JIRA action. In that, you can specify the creation of the subtasks.

Adding to what Micha said, you can achieve that using:

Thank you all! These all look great!

Can we approach this without buying a plugin version. My company they don't have the above mentioned links products. But we have JIRA which purchased. 

What one of my project team need is, creating several templates and each and every templates have its own already created sub tasks. So when choosing the template, the all the sub tasks needs to be created automatically.

Is there way that I can solve this without going to buying the purchase version of plugins?

Thanks All,

Regards

Some of the plugins are free, though so you don't need to purchase anything?

We have a very crude solution:

We create a task with the relevant subtasks which we keep as a "template" task. Should anybody then need to create a task with relevant subtasks, the "template" task is cloned. (The subtasks are also cloned) when the main task is cloned. We have also created an admin user to whom the template tasks are assigned. The template tasks has all the relevant instructions written into the "Description" to explain to the user what to do.

This is a good non-plugin option.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,238 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you