Is it possible to get a list of all Issues with a list of organisations attached via csv?

Jibraan Tariq January 17, 2019

Is it possible to get a list of all Issues with specific status and reporters with a list of organisations attached via csv?

We use hundreds of organisations so I don't want to use the "ORGANISATION =" to function rather have "include ORGANISATION if present" functionality. 

Many Thanks, 

J  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

@Jibraan Tariq, so it used to be that Organizations was not exported at all. However, in Cloud I just tested and it is there, sort of. What you will get for Organization is a simple reference number that equates to the chronological number of when the organization was added to the entire instance. For example:

Let's say you have 4 projects across three projects:

Project_A: OrgX, OrgZ

Project_B: OrgY

Project_C: OrgW

if those organizations were created in the following order then the associated reference ID will be as listed:

1. OrgW
  2. OrgX
  3. OrgY
  4. OrgZ

So you would then want/need to find/replace the reference ID with the Organization name I suspect, i.e. "1" is replaced w/ OrgW, "2" with OrgX...

Obviously w/ hundreds of orgs this is pretty yucky but doable. If it were me and I needed to do this frequently I would write a tool to post-process the csv file or use a DB solution.

hope this helps in some way.

Jibraan Tariq January 21, 2019

@Jack Brickey Thank you that answers my question :) 

Suggest an answer