Is it possible to format the Description field when creating a new issue using automation?

Michel February 9, 2021

Using Automation I want to create a Task automatically when a sprint start, but the field "Description" must be formatted with bold titles, tables, icons, etc. Is it possible?

For example:

Post deployment steps.

Should include steps that need to be done when the application has been deployed, for instance Smoke test, or whatever steps that needs to be done to make the application available.

1 :cross_mark:

ALL

Check Monitor API of ALL services and OK status

2 :cross_mark:

ALL

enable monitoring of the applications

3 :cross_mark:

ALL

Update Application Versions table

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Hi @Michel , 

Welcome to the community! 

This is in fact possible using the following notation.

I have added an example for your convenience: 

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 11.32.04.pngScreenshot 2021-02-09 at 11.33.17.png

Good luck automating!

- Tessa

Michel February 9, 2021

Thank you very much! 

Michel February 9, 2021

I have one issue that I can use as example and copy the entire description, but how can I see this notation in an already created issue?

Michel February 9, 2021

I was able to see this notation only changing to the old view in that issue.

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Yeah, in the old issueview you could go to "text mode" and see the notation, sadly I don't think it exists in the new editor anymore. 

Glad to hear it helped! 

Like SilviaAndino likes this
Michel February 9, 2021

Yes, it would be great if we can see that notation somewhere for the new editor.

Or when we are creating an automation the editor be the new one, I think it is the better idea.

Thank you again! =D

Like # people like this
Brenda Henckell April 23, 2022

@Tessa Tuteleers @Michel What add-on is providing the Automation capabilities? or is this standard in Jira. I've seen it in posts like this and videos, but in my Jira instance it's not an option in Project Settings. I'm trying to communicate with my company's Jira administration team to tell them what I need. But not sure if this is an add-on from marketplace or only available in certain versions of Jira, etc. Can you help me understand it? 

I actually want to do EXACTLY what Michel has done.

Michel July 14, 2022

Hi Brenda,

Are you using the cloud? If not and the version is not very new, probably you indeed have to install it.

Do you see this below?

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events