Is it possible to create custom buttons or workflows in JIRA?

Amy Blais May 17, 2021

Is it possible to create custom buttons or workflows in JIRA for the following scenario:

I want a button or workflow that our Design team can use once a ticket is ready for development. It would do the following:

• Remove the "ux-needed" label
  • Add the "triage" fix version
  • Change the status from "Submitted" > "Open"
  • Unassign the designer

This workflow would only be an option for tickets in the "submitted" status with a "ux-needed" label.

Is this something that can be done with issue workflows https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/? Or with a plugin?

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Hi Amy,

You can certainly do all of those with Company-based and Jira Work Management/Business projects. It can be done with post functions when you transition an issue from one status to another status. 

Or you can have a looping transition (from one status back to itself) that can also have post functions that do what you are talking about. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Hello @Amy Blais 

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project.

Amy Blais May 18, 2021

I'm on Company Managed project.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Amy Blais  

Yes all these are possible to be done with out-of-the box jira workflow feature 

• Remove the "ux-needed" label   --- > transition post-function update field 
  • Add the "triage" fix version --- > transition post-function 
  • Change the status from "Submitted" > "Open" this is what the transition itself will do 
  • Unassign the designer --- > transition post-function update issue field 
  • "submitted" status displayed only if  a "ux-needed" label exist ----> transition condition 
Amy Blais May 18, 2021

This looks helpful, however, I'm not able to find where to edit the post-function field anywhere. I've seen screenshots of it but I can't find it. Any tips for how to find it?

I'm a Site Admin.

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Amy Blais  

are you working on a team managed or company managed project type 

Does it like this ? Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.26.42 PM.png

or that? 

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.26.59 PM.png

Amy Blais May 18, 2021

I was able to figure it out now, thank you for the help!

The only thing that I wasn't able to add was "triage" fix version as a transition post-function.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events