Is it possible to create a box in Roadmap for individual stories tied to an epic?

Kyle Barry April 22, 2021

I have generated an Epic with 9 major stories.  When I go to Roadmap, I can only adjust a start and end date in Roadmap for the top-level Epic.  Is it possible to assign start/finish for individual stories within an Epic that are displayed on their individual lines respective to the Epic.  Ideally, if so, the total length of time for the corresponding Epic would adjust as you move the start/finish dates for stories within that Epic accordingly. I developed stories as the Epic is too large to make overall start/finish relevant to stakeholders.  I want to visually see and be able to adjust in the calendar view on the right hand side when I start/finish each individual story in that Epic when viewing in the roadmap. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2021

Hello @Kyle Barry,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On the Roadmap, currently, the date range is available only for Epics.

Also, the Epic date range is only manual. The Epic won't adjust automatically if a child issue, for example, has the due date after the Epic's due date.

There are feature requests suggesting improvements for that:

The “Date range for child issues” suggestion is being reviewed already. Please, click on vote and also watch both features to receive updates.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Kyle Barry April 26, 2021

Thank you - would love to see this in next roll-out.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events