Is it possible to count only business hours toward SLAs?

Brandon Carlson July 7, 2021

We would like to begin tracking and trending to understand the time tickets spend in each status.  Currently, we can see the total time spent in each status, but those times include night/weekend hours when we're not working.  Is it possible to carve out only business hours to be counted against those SLAs?  Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Hi Brandon, 

That's possible. In the project configuration, just below the SLA configuration is the configuration for the calendar. There you can define a calendar which includes only your business hours.

Then go to the SLA configuration and choose that calendar in the goals section.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021
Brandon Carlson July 7, 2021

Thanks Bastian!  It looks like I don't have access to the SLA or calendar configs, but I will pass this info along to our administrator and see if he will make the change for us.  I appreciate your help!

Brandon Carlson July 19, 2021

Bastian - our admin has found the location you mentioned, but we now have another issue.  Our company works out of multiple different time zones across the globe, even though we share the same project.  Is it possible to assign calendars by user rather than by project?  For example, if we have users in New York, London, and Sydney all using the same project, can we set up different sets of business hours for each location?  Once again, thanks in advance for your help! 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2021

Hi Brandon,

by default, there is no way to assign a calendar to a user.

A way might be, to do it with the Goal Configuration, but I never tried that before.

As the calendar is attached to the goals and a JQL query, you might have multiple goals with the same time (i.e. 4h) but different JQL query. Then you could assign the different calendars.

So maybe

Calendar 7-5 for JQL priority = Blocker and user=abc

Calendar 9-7 for JQL priority = Blocker and user=def

This should work, but will lead to a lot of goals in your SLA configuration. It would be easier, if you have some other field like team or location or something like that, that identifies all issues from one location/country, so that you need only one query by location.

Suggest an answer