Is it possible to block a transaction of a task without work-time?

dyonata_ramos April 3, 2021

I want to create an automation to block if some DEV move's a task from Development to Done without register any time of work, is it possible? Someone already did this?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Paul O
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2021

I don't think automation is the way to go here. The best approach is to use standard functionality. This is done in two steps:

If your transition to 'Done' doesn't offer users the chance to log time, you should add this to your workflow as follows: 

• You will have a 'Resolve Issue Screen' as part of your Jira configuration.  This includes a 'Log Work' field to register time spent on an issue. 
  • Connect the resolve issue screen to your 'Done' transition. You can see how to do this by looking at the 'Resolution Set Using a Screen' section of https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-issues-need-a-resolution-826873869.html (it's written for server but is the same in cloud)
  • The will prompt users to log time spent as the issue transitions to 'Done'

Providing this screen should be enough, but if you want to FORCE users to enter time spent on this screen you can add a validator to the 'Done' transition to make the 'time spent' field required as part of the transition. This is done using the 'Field Required' validator as shown below.

Screenshot 2021-04-04 at 19.43.39.png

dyonata_ramos April 7, 2021

Thanks Paul O, that's was exaclty what I need it. Just worked fine.

0 votes
Stephan Shere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2021

Hi Dyonata,

If you use Jira Automation you should be able to trigger on transition to done, create a filter to ensure the property is not 0, and if it is 0, use an action to transition and re-assign the issue.

I suggest you take a look at the Jira Automation plugin and give it an hour or two to explore it:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/automation

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events