Is it possible to automatically create a ticket on specific date

akshat.tandon May 12, 2021

Hi

I have one query related to JIRA 

•  Does JIRA provide us way to automatically create the ticket on specific date ( both for future and past dates )  based on on my defined content and workflow. 

Eg. I want to define a workflow that system should automatically create a ticket on 1 of every month say 1st Jun , July etc under my name and assign the same to specific user

and once I define the workflow it should automatically apply till start day of project say project started on 1 Jan 2021 so tickets should automatically be created for 1st May,  1st Apr etc till 1st Jan as well 

4 answers

2 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Hi @akshat.tandon You can create a tickets for future dates based on your requirements like create a issue on 1st on Jun, JUly etc.

You can follow the below automation rule for the same, but for creating an issue for the past dates, it's not possible as your automation schedule  event will not for past dates and issues created dates and time is picked from the Jira system time.

Capture 2021-05-13 at 8.40.35.pngCapture 2021-05-13 at 8.39.59.png

Let me know in case of any issues.

Larissa Barna February 28, 2022

Hi Sagar, could you please tell me where I can find the automation menue in the on prem version? thnx :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2022

Hi Larissa - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Automation for Jira is a plug-in for the on prem Server version. You can find it in the Atlassian Marketplace. There is a free version called Lite and a paid version that you can trial called Pro. 

Like Larissa Barna likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2021

Hi @akshat.tandon ,

From what I understand of our question, you should be able to create a Scheduled Trigger in Automation which will run on the first day of each month (using cron) and create the ticket. 

0 votes
Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2021

Hi @akshat.tandon 

Automation is fine for basic use cases. If you need anything more like a dynamic due date, Epic-Story template, adding a newly created issue to the sprint that third-party app like Scheduled Template might bring more value. 

Cheers,  

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2021

Hi @Tom Jones [Appsvio] 

When recommending a marketplace vendor product, please ensure that you disclosure your affiliation to that vendor in your post wording.  For more information about this, please see:

Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723

Best regards,

Bill

Like # people like this
0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

Hi @akshat.tandon welcome to the Atlassian community. As @Sagar mentioned, automating the rule is the only way to automatically create issues (future only).

From his screenshot, you may try your hands with When>> Then>> and>> and >> save rule. Post saving trigger that rule and in audit logs check the status of your automation.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events