Is it possible to adjust the created and resolved fields on issues?

basel May 12, 2023

Hi there,

We recently carried out a migration of number of issues to Jira software and one thing we need to apply is have the created and resolved fields on issues be adjusted to reflect the values on our old project management tool.

Is it possible to do so? Thanks!

3 answers

3 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

If you want to change the created date you need to make a CSV import, for the resolved field you can also do it that way or reopen the ticket and closed it again to change the resolved date

0 votes
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hi @basel

Besides the CSV solution, it is also possible to update the fields by using the REST API if this is a more suitable approach in your environment.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

You can update the created date using the API ?

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

I assumed that this is possible, but I may be wrong here?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

No is not possible since you can only do with the api what you can do in the UI.

i tought you already tried it and atlassian release some new api for this specific field but is not the case.

Like Michel Neeser likes this
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

Then I learned something new as well, thank you for the clarification Mohamed!

0 votes
BURAK BAL May 12, 2023

Hi Basel,

You can use Jira csv import. You need columns below in your csv file.

1. Issue Key
  2. Summary
  3. Resolution
  4. Resolved (to be mapped to "Date Resolved")

I am not sure if it works on Cloud. But you can try.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events