Is it possible to add other issue types to the Timeline View at the same level as EPICS?

Kristine Gemici April 18, 2024

I would like to create a "Milestone" issue type and allow that to show up on the timeline at the same level as epics.. is this possible? 

3 answers

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2024

Hi @Kristine Gemici 

In Planyway for Jira you can visualize issues of all types on the sale timeline without hierarchy. You will be able to distinguish them by color.

Project Portfolio

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Kristine Gemici 

From my experience you can replace Epic or add hierarchy above epic but not have issue type equal to epic.
I believe that the Epic is the project timeline top level and is needed for project timeline. Again you can edit the epic and change the name in the hierarchy configuration but I have yet to be able to have another issue type at the same level.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi Kristine,

I might be possible. See if you can add it to the Issue Type Hierarchy at the same level as your Epic. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events