Is it possible to add multiple FISHEYE repository path mappings to a JIRA project?

Herb Chan August 24, 2011

Anyone know how to add multiple repository path mappings to a single JIRA project in JIRA 4.0.2?

In the FISHEYE configuration, I have already mapped the different repositories, but under the PROJECT ADMINISTRATION, I can only have 1 repository path mapping.

4 answers

1 vote
JStruck February 20, 2012

Hey this is great

I have done exactly as describe in the adding the repositories as entity links but i want my repo A to map to my JIRA Component A and repo B to map Component B

how do i manage to do this?..

1 vote
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2011

The question asks if multiple repository *PATH* mappings can be made - it is slightly ambiguous, because it can either mean mapping multiple FishEye repositories to one JIRA project, or it can mean mapping multiple *paths* from one repository to one JIRA project. The former is supported, whilst the latter is not.

Mapping mutliple FishEye repositories to one JIRA project involves adding the repositories as entity links in the jira project administration page.

Mapping multiple paths from one single repository is not currently possible - only a single path constraint can be mapped to a jira project at a time (see screenshot below).

0 votes
Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2011

You can also go the other way... go into Jira and link it to a Fisheye Repo. Im on Jira 4.3 and Fisheye 2.7 using the Jira Fisheye Plugin v 3.1.6 so depending on your versions, it may or may not be available.... but in case it is:

In Jira go to the Administration tab and Choose your project. On the project Admin page find Application Links: ( Configure Application Links ) and link your project to a Fisheye Repo.

Herb Chan September 13, 2011

Thank you Jon. I am able to link to a repository in the current JIRA we are using (v4.0.2), but the requirement is to link to multiple repositories.

Example:

JIRA project is BIGAPP

1 SVN server with 3 repositories:

* REPO1

* REPO2

* REPO3

I need the JIRA project BIGAPP to be based on all 3 SVN repositories, REPO1, REPO2, and REPO3.

Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2011

you should create 3 application links then. one to each repo. I cant remember what Jira 4.0.2 looked like anymore... so apologies if im describing a feature (project level application links) that isnt available yet. in 4.0.x

0 votes
Cameron River September 13, 2011

Yes, it's possible. Go into the Administration section of FishEye.

Choose Repositories from the left quick nav.

Click on the Gear icon next to the repository you want to "link".

Choose Application Links

Click on the '+' Add Link on the top right.

Type in the

Rinse and Repeat for the other repositories.

Herb Chan September 13, 2011

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that may be for a newer version of Fisheye. I should have let it be known that my Fisheye is running version 2.2.1. There is no gear link with the repositories.

Suggest an answer