Is it possible to add components field to a form?

Alistair Attrill May 22, 2023

Hello,

Is it possible to add components field to a form? It doesn't seem to appear in the fields to build from?

I am being asked to make a nice UI for the creation of the JIRA, so ideally from a link from confluence to a form in JIRA, or embed a form in confluence?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Steve Long -Evelon-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2023

Hi @Alistair Attrill

This should be possible - you probably firstly need to ensure that the 'Components' field is on the Create screen of the issue type that you're trying to create. (when adding field values to request types, that have to first exist on the project screen)

Check out your project Screen Scheme configuration and make sure it's added.

Also, once you've done that, make sure that there is at least one Component value, otherwise the form will fail.

Hope that helps - Steve.

So I can get this to show by making it required, but then it says the field is not supported.  So I guess this a limitation of Cloud...Screenshot 2023-05-22 114130.png

Steve Long -Evelon-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2023

Ahh - yes, I see that this is actually a project form, not the Customer Portal which I initially assumed.

Unfortunately, I can confirm that it's not supported in this way!

Do you know a way round or an alternative.  

The UI for creating issues, is killing the ability to sell JIRA as its not very nice and easy to use.

thanks

Elizabeth Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2023

I have the same concern cropping up; wondering when and if components will be supported.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events