Is is possible to fix specific user as an assignee on the middle of workflow?

이덕규 November 12, 2020

Hi,

I would like to fix ONE specific user as an Assignee to approve the process.

For example, this issue has 'OPEN->Review->Approve->Done' workflow, and I would like to fix one user on APPROVE step and nobody can edit details of issue except for him.

Could you please let me know how to set this up as I required?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hi @이덕규 ,

This would need a 2-step approach.

1) Setting the user, that can be done using a post function. You can do a set it there to assign the issue to a specific user when transitioning.

2) Workflow Step properties. On a Workflow step you can set the jira.permission.edit.xxx

more details about that you can find here: https://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status 

이덕규 November 15, 2020

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 
Thank you for your kindly support.

I am trying to set this up in my Jira system, but keep facing an error when I input 'jira.permission.edit.user=username' in work properties field.

I would like to "bjmoon.ext (username)" is only allowed to edit details of issues at '승인대기' status, but the others can watch these issues as well.

Am I going something wrong?workflow properties.jpgerror_occured.jpg

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

Hey @이덕규 ,

I noticed you put everything in the "Key" field.

Could you adjust it to:

Key= jira.permission.edit.user

Value = bjmoon.ext

That would create the assignment

Suggest an answer