Is Jira counting sprint days correctly?

Dan November 21, 2019

SO I thought I knew how Jira views non working days but I guess I don't. 

Scenario: Next week is thanks giving. We have the day of and the day after off plus the weekend. 

I put those 2 day in as non working days plus Wknds are already configured as none working days. Jira from what I remember counts 14 days not 10 like most people believe from a sprint 2 weeks is 2 weeks. 

But Jira does not appear to be ignoring 1/28/1129 meaning not counting as none working days thus the sprints are ending according to my teams in 8 days vs 10.  Are they correct?

Example; I am starting a sprint on 11/ 22 Jira says it ends on DEC 5th. My team believe it should end on DEC 9th who is right?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniela Argento July 16, 2020

Looks like you have to go to the board settings, and check Saturday and Sunday as working days. Once you do that and refresh your sprint burndown chart and board, it will adjust correctly. 

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2019

Each sprint is the same number of calendar days in length though sometimes this means a sprint may have less working days than others.

Dan November 22, 2019

Yea I know but my team thinks differently. That still does not answer if none working days are ignored. 

Suggest an answer