• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is Jira Nex Gen project going to replace Classic jira one day?

I need to create some new projects in my company and i'm wondering if i should create them in Nex-Gen or classic, depending if classic is going to disappeared at one point or not. 

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Mar 25, 2019

Hi Cyril - Welcome to the Community!

Lots of speculation out there. Here is another thread, but it, too, is based on opinion. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Will-JIRA-classic-projects-eventually-be-phased-out/qaq-p/1036064

I tend to agree with it, but have not seen anything official from Atlassian that I remember. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Mar 25, 2019

don't be concerned w/ this happening and certainly not at the expense of making the right project template decision now. If NG ever replaces classic it will be a long time away AND Atlassian will have to provide a clean migration process for the classic or simply allow them to live on.

Thanks, we really like the Jira Classic in my company and so we are going to continue to work with it. 

John Funk Community Leader Mar 25, 2019

Us, too.  :-)

March 31 2021, they are going to replace it. Petition Atlassian now.

Jack Community Leader Sep 29, 2020

Hi Ethan, could you share your source for this claim?

Jack Community Leader Sep 30, 2020

Hi @Ethan V. , thanks for sharing. However, I don't see a reference to moving away from Classic projects. What I see is the plan to cease support for the old issue view in favor of the new issue view. Maybe I missed it??

Like Christian Giroux likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,920 views 6 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you