Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Invites not arriving

Hi,

I strongly suspect this is the same issue (block on the server) as was experienced on this question and other similar ones.

In summary, I have requested that invites are sent to seven users' email addresses and the toast notifications suggest an invite has been sent but nothing has been received.

Repeat invites have been requested and plenty of time allowed for them to arrive, but nothing appears in the inbox. Spam and Junk folders have also been checked.

Could some kind soul take a look at let me know what needs to be done, please?

Thank you! :) 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2021

Hi @Ian White , welcome to the Community!

Reviewing the mail logs for recipients on your email domain, I found 6 addresses that are suppressed on the Atlassian side. Specifically, these addresses returned the type of error we see with Outlook's SCL being incorrectly applied to Atlassian mail and then bounced back. There is some guidance on correcting this in Office365 here:

I've cleared the suppression for those 6 email addresses. However, I would suggest following the steps in the article before resending the invitations to these users so that they don't get caught and bounced back again.

Cheers,
Daniel

P.S. - you mentioned 7 users, but only 6 users on your domain were listed in our logs. If the seventh user had a different email domain than yours, you can let me know just the domain portion of the email address to check as well.

Hi @Daniel Eads  - many thanks for this.

I've just made the SCL changes suggested in the guidance and will request the invitations be resent shortly.

All seven users are in the same domain.  It appears that an invite was received on one of the accounts, and the link in the invite was followed and an attempt at confirming the account was made, but no further emails / notifications were received - presumably because of SCL kicking in.

I'll now request resending of invites for the other 6 users.

Thanks again,
Ian

John Funk Community Leader Dec 20, 2021

Thanks, Daniel!!

@Daniel Eads  - all sorted!

Emails received on the remaining accounts, so many thanks again for the quick response and guidance - much appreciated!

Cheers,
Ian

Like Daniel Eads likes this
0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Dec 20, 2021

Hi Ian - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I will see if someone from Atlassian can take a look. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

533 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you