Interactive Dashboard to work on issues directly from dashboard

Tamil November 30, 2020

Hi ,

I have a requirement to have an interactive Jira Dashboard where clicking on an issue(issue-key) would display the issue below dashboard / screen where we can edit/move status/update issue/attachment.

I understand Jira doesn't have interactive dashboard like this. Could you please suggest any plugin which helps to have a interactive dashboard with all activities happen in one place.

Jira Server v8.7.0

2 answers

0 votes
Tamil November 30, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Thanks for your response.

If not dashboard, Is there any plugin like Structure or to create board like feature to make it achievable?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

I am not aware of any apps that would do this - everything I know of takes you out of the dashboard and into the context of the gadget or issue clicked on.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

I suspect because it's a massive amount of stuff to potentially put in front of someone.  Dashboards are intended as a front end for reporting and searching, not updates.  They certainly link to issues, but they take you to the issues when appropriate so you can focus on them.

So, while I can see what you're getting at, I think there's a problem with it - as the dashboard is for reporting, most of us expect a click on an issue in there to take us to the issue itself, or the wider context the gadget has made it available in.

The issue navigator and boards are where you're mostly expected to work, and they do this interactivity.

I am not aware of any apps that would do this - everything I know of takes you out of the dashboard and into the context of the gadget or issue clicked on.

Suggest an answer