It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Installing jira does not create all the necessary SQL tables Edited

After attempting to install JIRA on MySql 8 (it forced me to use the mysql 5.6 configuration because it wouldn't allow me to continue on the 5.7+ configuration, even after following all the steps. In fact, some of the variables it asks me to set are no longer present in mysql 8.0, so I assumed that was the issue) I get tons of SQL errors. The most common seem to be related to tables not existing in the database. The database has many tables created by jira, but apparently not the essential ones Jira needs to function.

Error in log: https://pastebin.com/vUt7ymJV

I've tried reinstalling with no luck. I cannot downgrade MySQL.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Jira does not yet work on MySQL 8.  You'll need to move back to 5.7 to make it work

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html and select for the version you are trying to install if it's not 8.11 that the doc currently lands on.

I’m using the development version 8.13, which supports MySQL 8

In which case, you do not have a real problem.  8.13 is an early access release, there's no support or suggestion that it will work at all.  It's not working for you, so, um, write it off and don't waste any more time on it.  If you need a working version, get one of the main releases.  If you're just playing with it as a test, fine, it's failed your tests, you'll have to wait for the next release to see if that works.

Sorry I phrased that wrong, it worked on 8.13 that is what solved my issue. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

3,747 views 15 27
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you