Installing JIRA on Amazon EC2 Linux 2 or Windows server.

Jeremy Knowles April 9, 2019

I have a problem installing JIRA on a new server, which is an Amazon EC2 Linux 2 server. I'm actually moving from an old one so want to get it working on the same version first so I know all is good.

This is the error when trying to run the install, and I wonder if it is because of the aarch64 architecture rather than the x86_64 of our old linux server:

Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...
./atlassian-jira-core-7.12.3-x64.bin: line 466: /tmp/atlassian-jira-core-7.12.3-x64.bin.32696.dir/jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file

We have an Amazon windows server as well, and so I installed on there whereby I get this when it starts up:

System plugins failed to start: We haven't been able to start all the required system plugins
We couldn't start the following plugins:
Atlassian Jira - Plugins - Global Issue Navigator (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin

As we only have the starter pack, there's no support option with Atlassian so I'm hoping someone may be able to help. My preference would be for it to run on the linux server.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Knowles April 10, 2019

I decided to forget all of the above, built a new server with postgresql and started again from scratch, and used the system export/import and that worked OK and all upgraded fine.

Suggest an answer