Insight alternative Asset management for Jira

Campo Vicens August 29, 2022

I am trying Insight to manage our Assets but it is pretty difficult for an inexperienced user like me. Is there any alternative tool for Jira which is easier to use but still flexible and configurable?

Thanks,

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 29, 2022

Hi Campo,

DevSamurai has an app called AssetIT Asset Management for Jira, I think it could be a good match for you. Please give it a try

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228867/assetit-it-asset-management-for-jira

AssetIT is flexible and customizable to fit unique needs with different asset types and processes.

Features:

• Asset categories and models to group common features
  • Asset details, assigned to whom, and their physical location
  • Custom fields for additional asset attributes
  • QR codes generation
  • Inventory management, assets life cycle and workflow
  • License, Accessories and consumables
  • Import and export assets
  • Asset booking (coming soon)
  • Custom and automated reports (coming soon)
  • And more

AssetIT_dashboard.pngAssetIT_Assets.pngAssetIT_Accessories.pngAssetIT_CustomFields.pngAssetIT_StatusLabels.png

Thanks Tam for the detailed answer, I will give it a try

Like Tam _DevSamurai_ likes this
0 votes
Björn Frauen _STAGIL_ August 29, 2022

Hi Campo,

I recommend to have a look at STAGIL Assets since it is the only asset solution that does not use alien new object types but leverages default Jira functionalities.

Therefore the interface is familiar already to all users and it is highly compatible with other apps and works super with scripts and automations solutions. Also it has strongest workflow, permission and notification capabilities and most custom field types available. 

You can request a free demo under support@stagil.com.

Best regards
Björn

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi @Campo Vicens ,

Insight is commonly the way to go in terms of integrations. But there are alternatives in the market place.

For example: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222692/asset-management-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

-Ben

Thanks Ben, I will take a look at it

Like Benjamin likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS