Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insight - Zabbix communication through API problem

My task is to import some data from Zabbix server-monitoring server through its API to an Insight object schema.

The issue is that Zabbix's API needs a POST request to make a valid JSON response, so I need a body to be posted, to get the information I need. 

Unfortunately the import function in Insight does not have this option.

Is there any way to get around this? 

My best guess so far is to make a custom API server which handles the GET requests from Insight. gets the info from Zabbix, and generates the correct form of JSON response to send back. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello,

I am assuming that you have a JSM Cloud Premium subscription. In that case, you may want to review the Jira Automation features before building your own custom API server.

Here are some of the useful automation steps:

- "Object trigger" will help you to initiate automation rules when an Insight object is created, updated, or deleted.  

"Send outgoing web request" action can help you to pull the data out from Zabbix. You can define the body as you like.

- Smart Values will help you to read the JSON in the response and use the values for updating Insight.

There are also other Insight automation features which are recently added. I hope they will help.

Regards,

Hakan Bahadir

Solutions Engineer

Really helpful answer!

Thank you Hakan! 

Like Hakan Bahadir likes this

One more question. I am just getting familiar with the UI, but I can't seem to find the Send Outgoing Web request action between the options, only have the ones on the pic below. image.png

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Staying organized with Jira: best practices for a better project management

Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...

202 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you