Insight - Zabbix communication through API problem

Koczka Bence April 19, 2021

My task is to import some data from Zabbix server-monitoring server through its API to an Insight object schema.

The issue is that Zabbix's API needs a POST request to make a valid JSON response, so I need a body to be posted, to get the information I need. 

Unfortunately the import function in Insight does not have this option.

Is there any way to get around this? 

My best guess so far is to make a custom API server which handles the GET requests from Insight. gets the info from Zabbix, and generates the correct form of JSON response to send back. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hakan Bahadir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2021

Hello,

I am assuming that you have a JSM Cloud Premium subscription. In that case, you may want to review the Jira Automation features before building your own custom API server.

Here are some of the useful automation steps:

- "Object trigger" will help you to initiate automation rules when an Insight object is created, updated, or deleted.  

"Send outgoing web request" action can help you to pull the data out from Zabbix. You can define the body as you like.

- Smart Values will help you to read the JSON in the response and use the values for updating Insight.

There are also other Insight automation features which are recently added. I hope they will help.

Regards,

Hakan Bahadir

Solutions Engineer

Koczka Bence April 20, 2021

Really helpful answer!

Thank you Hakan! 

Like Hakan Bahadir likes this
Koczka Bence April 22, 2021

One more question. I am just getting familiar with the UI, but I can't seem to find the Send Outgoing Web request action between the options, only have the ones on the pic below. image.png

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer