Insight / Asset - Has anyone validated, in Asset interface, attributes of an object ?

G_ Langevin March 29, 2023

I am running an automation to validate field attributes values. Having logic with multiple attributes. I am doing this in a ScriptRunner function. 

Is there a way to display an error message to user and prevent data to be saved until data is corrected?

I tried throwing an exception, but was not able to create properly the exception. Is there a simple way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @G_ Langevin, if you are validating it during a workflow transition you can use the out of the box "Asset Validator".

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Melo 

If you are talking about the validator with a regular expression? This can only validate the format of a field. But you cannot do logic with multiple fields.

Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @G_ Langevin, I was talking about the regular Asset validator, on my end I can use AQL to verify multiples attributes. Are you also validating multiple Asset fields?

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 12.54.38 PM.png

Based of field_1 value, the Field2 must have a value and not be null. If another value, field3 must have a value.

This may work. Did you do something like this?

Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

Hi @G_ Langevin

I did not. I would usually use it to do a simple check for assets on a custom field during a workflow transition. Now having more information regarding your requirement I'm not sure if the "Asset Validator" would be enough or the best way of going about it. I hope you find a solution.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding basic Asset functionality.

Cheers,

Melo

G_ Langevin March 30, 2023

Thanks for the answer, will get back when I find the solution

Like Melo likes this

Suggest an answer