Insert javascrip and HTML code

Carlos Nunes April 22, 2019

Is it possible or is there a plugin that allows me to insert code (javascript and HTML) in Jira so that at the moment of "create issue"? I can have visible a custom field that I have already created.

I explain myself better, I have already created a code that gives me a multi-selection button and also filters results in a checkbox, now I want to insert it in the "create issue" tab and I do not see how, can you help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

Hello Carlos,

To use Javascript on the create screen you can place your code in the description of the desired field used by that screen. Some details on this can be seen here:

But do note that using java script in field descriptions will trigger the code anywhere that field is present, so if you only want the behavior to occur on the create issue transition, make sure you are only using the field on that one screen, and have different screens in use for the rest of your transitions.

Alternatively there are paid add-on apps like "JsIncluder" that allow for additional control over custom java injection, or you could also look into free alternative solutions such as the "JIRA Toolkit Plugin" that can be used pre-populate some fields with data on create as covered in "How To Add a Message or Field on JIRA Create Issue Screen"

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer