Individual Metrics based on two values for a ticket.

Celina Kincaid March 28, 2024

I have a counter field that gets incremented from the workflow when something goes 'back' in the flow.  (e.g.  Fails Testing).  I would like to report on this counter by a user field.

e.g.

• DeveloperA & DeveloperB each worked 10 tickets for the current sprint.
    • DeveloperA
      • had a single ticket fail testing twice - Counter is at 2
      • had another ticket fail testing once - Counter is at 1
      • had 8 tickets never fail testing
    • DeveloperB
      • all 10 tickets never failed testing
  • I want a way to see on a dashboard the following output from the above data
    • DeveloperA had 3/10 success rate. --- 30% failed testing
    • DeveloperB had 10/10 success rate. --- 0% failed testing

I am trying my best to get this to work but can't find away to do this on a dashboard.  I have tried the two dimension thing but it doesn't support number fields.  We have the Dashboard Hub plugin by appfire, but it's not helping.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Celina Kincaid,

Your best option here is the Pivot Table & Pivot Chart gadget offered by our Great Gadgets app. 

With this gadget you will be able to display the info you need, like in these examples.

For Case 1 - column values represent the back counter values, and for each assignee you will see the number of issues for each counter value

image.png  

For Case 2 - column values represent the back counter value, and for each assignee you will see the % of issues for each counter value. The column 0 shows the success rate for each person! Just for the sake of example I selected a heat-map table, but you can choose a simple table as well.

image.png

You could try with a free 1-moth trial to see if it fully-fill your needs. If you need any assistance on how to configure it the gadget, please contact support@stonikbyte.com.

Hope this helps.

Danut.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Celina Kincaid 

You're not going to be able to do this natively - Dashboards can't summarise two fields in this manner - it just visualises existing field data.

I'm not sure if this is possible with Dashboard Hub, but you could contact the vendor to ask for advice? You can do that using the contact options on this page.

---

Or perhaps look for an alternative App on the Marketplace, which can either complete this calculation, or sum these figures?

Check out potential options here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=sum

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events