Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Increasing Output from REST API

I'm trying to query all of my groups. However, the output is only giving 20 results. Is there a way to increase this when using a curl command?

The article (https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-groups/#api-rest-api-3-group-bulk-get) mentions this:

maxResults
integer

The maximum number of groups to return. The maximum number of groups that can be returned is limited by the system property jira.ajax.autocomplete.limit.

But I don't know how or where to set that.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Patrick Harrold 

Have you tried to pass maxResults as a query parameter, which is how you do it when calling the REST API using a URL, such as ?maxResults=100

I believe that 100 is the maximum that can be read in one batch, and that to read more you you make subsequent calls by adding paging.  For example the second call would add on &startAt=100 

Best regards,

Bill

Thanks Bill. That works! I was able to go up to 6000 (what I needed) since maxResults is a 32-bit integer (max of 4294967295 if unsigned)

I don't know why I didn't think about building that parameter into the URL. I kept trying to add it as a parameter for curl.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

I am glad that worked for you, and good learn the maxResults is not universally 100 for everything.  The 100 records for issue pull is to manage performance, no doubt.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Delivery and Operations Teams can be more Effective and Profitable

Managing services end-to-end, optimizing efforts to deliver the best services to customers. This is what team leaders and managers want to achieve. When using a tool like Jira, it...

46 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you