Incorrect Pull Request status in Jira

Jayaprakash B R March 3, 2021

Hi,

All the Pull Requests associated with a Jira item is already merged, but the pull request status in the Jira is displayed as "OPEN" instead of "MERGED", as seen in the attached image. This is confusing and is most likely a bug.

I have seen this behavior with only one Jira item.

Please let us know if we are missing something. Thanks

image_2021-03-03_195932.png

3 answers

0 votes
Amy McCann November 13, 2023

I too am having the same intermittent problem.

0 votes
dee_met June 19, 2023

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2021

Hello @Jayaprakash B R ,

If I understand correctly you are saying that there is a mismatch between the status of a specific Pull Request shown in Jira development panel and the actual status of the same PR in your source code management tool, and this happens with a specific PR only.

If this is correct, I need a bit more information from your side. Specifically:

1. What are you using to manage your source code? Is it Bitbucket (Server or Cloud?), GitHub or anything else?
  2. If you click on the pull request in Jira, is the same status displayed in the bigger panel? Can you provide a screenshot of it?
  3. Finally, can you click on the link of the PR in the panel from previous step and take a screenshot of the PR in your source code management tool as well?

Cheers,
Dario

Jayaprakash B R March 7, 2021

Hi @Dario B

Yes, your understanding of the issue is correct.

Please find below the answers in-line to the other set of questions.

1. What are you using to manage your source code? Is it Bitbucket (Server or Cloud?), GitHub or anything else?
    1. Answer: Bitbucket Cloud.
  2. If you click on the pull request in Jira, is the same status displayed in the bigger panel? Can you provide a screenshot of it? 
    1. Answer: Yes. Screenshot attached.Q2_updated.png
  3. Finally, can you click on the link of the PR in the panel from previous step and take a screenshot of the PR in your source code management tool as well?
    1. Answer: Sure. Screenshot attached.

Q3_updated.png

I have blurred certain information in the screenshots for security reasons. Please let us know if you need more information.

Thanks.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

Hello @Jayaprakash B R ,

Thanks for the screenshots. I believe this issue will require a deeper investigation and a support request (ticket) would be the best way to proceed. 

Now, since I can see your site has a premium license, we have 2 possible ways to proceed:

1. You can contact one of the site-admins for your site and you ask them to create a support request for this issue using the following link: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/
  2. I can create the support request on your behalf, setting one of the site-admins as the reporter and you among the request participants.

Please let me know how you prefer to proceed.

Cheers,
Dario

Jayaprakash B R March 10, 2021

Hi Dario,

I prefer the second option. Please create the support request.

Thanks.

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2021

Hello @Jayaprakash B R ,

I have created PCS-32291 on your behalf adding a site admin as the reporter and you among the request participants.

Please follow-up in there and, once done, it would be nice if you can post the solution in here too so that it could be useful for other customers facing similar issues in the future.

Cheers,
Dario

Rose Wells October 19, 2021

@Jayaprakash B R  did you ever get a resolution to PCS-32291. I'm having the same issue Dario B 

Like # people like this
Betsy Edson March 8, 2022

We have also noticed the same thing happening to us as well.

Like # people like this
dee_met June 19, 2023

Any solution please. I am also facing same issue.

Kunjan Giri July 27, 2023

having same issue

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events