Incomng mail handler issue

Paul Vienneau April 29, 2021

We currently have an incoming email handler that is working just fine.  However, we recently updated the Catch Email Address in this handler to a new address we just introduced into our Exchange environment, and the handler no longer works.  We revert back to the older Catch address, and all is fine. 

We've also tried introducing several new incoming handers with new catch addresses over the past week and none are working, while older handlers are processing just fine.

Like the working catch address, the new address is a distribution list; both of which point to the Default Cloud Mail Server and address - jira@company.atlassian.net.  So JIRA should be getting the email, just not sure why it's dropping the message on the floor.

Any insights appreciated.

-paul

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2021

Hi @Paul Vienneau

diagnosis options for incoming mail handlers (in opposite to the Service Management mail channels) are rarely present in Jira Cloud - however, the first step I'd suggest is to review the logs in the Exchange environment.

If nothing suspicious shows there it makes probably most sense to raise a request with Atlassian support - best to be done by a site administrator of your Cloud instance.

This is a more individual concern, tailored to your mail setup. I'd be happy if somebody else replies here but I suspect this to need more in-depth looking at all the involved machine's configuration (especially Exchange, then Jira Cloud).

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Hi @Paul Vienneau can please check the test result as shown in the attached screenshot to check if test is passed or gives any error their and if you are on server or data center version of Jira you can check the atlassian-jira-incoming-mail.log for more details

Capture 2021-04-30 at 15.23.52.png

Paul Vienneau April 30, 2021

Hi @Sagar,

We're on the Cloud version and I don't see a Test button.  Screenshot below.

download.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events