Incoming Mail Settings Error - SunCertPathBuilderException

Ismailcan Sezer December 27, 2020

Hello,

I'm running into this issue while configuring Incoming Email with secure_pop in JIRA. Any workaround for this issue? I'm getting below error;

Note: I already added certificate to keystore in JIRA, and i can see on page SSL. This certificate same with Exchange server. and generated from Comodo.

Error;

Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:

• SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Best,

Enes

1 answer

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

@Ismailcan Sezer 

Hi Ismailcan

welcome to the Atlassian community.

Can you verify that the added entry in your keystore is correct. You can use the SSLPoke class provided at https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-error-779355358.html to double check that

All the best

Kurt

Ismailcan Sezer December 27, 2020

Hi Kurt,

i verified keystore its seems correct, and SSLPoke class result is Successfully connected on Jira and Exchange server. But issue still exist.

Java version is : jre1.8.0_121 

Best

Ismailcan

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2020

Hi Ismailcan

i assume you did restart your Jira instance after you modified the keystore - right?

Is the Java binary that you use to run SSLPoke, the same that Jira uses?

Are there any alternative keystores defined?

Cheers

Kurt

Ismailcan Sezer December 28, 2020

Yes, restarted server after modified. 

How can i check which java use in Jira? In Windows server Java_Home folder is C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jre1.8.0_121 but in Jira JRE folder is different. I already imported trust certificate to both folder lib\security\cacerts file. 

And keystore path is : C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\jira.jks , i was configured for HTTPS WebServer. 

Best

Ismailcan Sezer December 28, 2020

jira.JPG

Ismailcan Sezer December 29, 2020

i tried to changed keystore path with \Atlassian\Jira\jre\lib\security\cacerts file, and imported to in trusted certificate and key pair but still same problem exists. 

also i tried to changed Java_Home path with \Atlassian\JIRA\jre.

After all i have done i restart Services, and SSLPoke test seems to be successfull.

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2021

@Ismailcan Sezer 

Sorry for my late response.

Just to double check, the ssl certs have been added to the keystore that is referenced in the jira configuration and if you run the sslpoke test with that store and the corersponding java binary it works - right?

Cheers

Kurt

Suggest an answer