Incoming Mail Handler - Slow and Intermittent

Patrick Ohtani November 20, 2018

I have had an incoming mail handler set up on my company mail. We use g-suite and I have the mail handler set up via secure imap. 

Since around the 19th of November the mail handler has become very slow and some times does not work. I have to manually delete and reinstate the mail handler for it to work sometimes and this will only last for a few hours. 

I checked the security settings on the associated gmail account and this is set at the right level.

Is this a atlassian issue or do I have my mail handler set up incorrectly?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrick Ohtani November 20, 2018

I also tried the POP gmail and this also isnt working. The test says its working ok but its not pulling the emails into tasks. 

Dexter Friedman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 15, 2018

I've also been using a POP3 email handler for a g-suite email, and have also noticed that incoming emails aren't always being pulled into tasks. We're using Jira cloud. Did you find a solution?

Patrick Ohtani December 15, 2018

I deleted all of the email handlers and re-installed them. It began to work again but still runs much slower than it used to. I tried everything. Setting up as IMAP and POP3 and using the auto G-mail settings. I cleared out my email folder also to reduce the size. 

Suggest an answer