Inactive users appear as active

Paweł Czaja March 8, 2021

I have few users in Jira who are being disabled (no site access) but when I check issues created by them (or anywhere else) their names appear as if they are active. Shouldn't they be somehow described as inactive?

This may confuse our users, as they are responding to the people and waiting for answer not knowing that they are disabled now.

(I used to be an admin for Jira installed on our servers and when I disabled an user there the addition "(inactive)" was added to username).

regards

Paweł

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi Pawel - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I sometimes see Disabled in cloud for some fields and not others (user picker types).

Can you include a screenshot that shows an inactive user in a field and it is not showing Disabled?

jira.png

Here it is. I have covered the last name in Paint to protect the privacy.

Also if I open a profile of that person I see no information that he has no access to site.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

So what does it say for that User in the User Management section? 

It should look something like this:

screenshot.png

Can you post that screenshot?

jira2.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

Gotcha. I would report that as a Bug to Atlassian here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please come back here and update the post with a solution once you hear from support.  :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events