In the clone action of an automation, I can't seem to set a field in the created issue.

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

In the Sandbox, the custom field I'm trying to set is configured for all issues, so I assume it's available to all projects.

I try to set the field in a JSM rule (bottom right):

JSM rule

JSM rule 5-12-23.jpg

The error in the clone issue action of the JSM rule indicates the field can't be set in the cloned issue:

JSM rule log showing error in log action

JSM rule log action error.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Is the field available on the Create screen? Automation can only set/edit fields that are available on the screens.

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

Thanks.  This was also suggested in a related question in which I mentioned the same problem. 

It was a struggle, but I finally identified the default screen (create, edit, view) and added the field to the form.  Then, the automations worked.  Problem solved. 

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events